Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Practice of Sustainable Agriculture


My class this year is called Practice of Sustainable Agriculture, or PSA. We spend two days per week working on the TESC Organic Farm and two days per week in class. This plus the additional required farm hours and work has kept me pretty busy these past few weeks. It's almost inconceivable how much I have learned and done! There is nothing I have done that feels so rewarding and important. I'm really focusing in on what I want to do professionally and food will be at it's center.
Within the class I am in the Annual/CSA group, so we're in charge of selling food at market, packing Community Supported Agriculture boxes, planting cover crops, planning for next year, harvest, planting and writing the CSA newsletter. In addition we will be redesigning the table we take onto campus to sell produce and building a new veggie washing station.
Friday, our class will be attending the Washington Tilth conference in Yakima, Washington. I'm planning on keeping this close to updated, so look forward to some interesting fodder.

No comments:

Post a Comment